[K12OSN] k12ltsp, esd flash hack and stability

Trond Mæhlum trond at maehlum.net
Mon Dec 26 10:26:00 UTC 2005

I remember, some time ago, that implementing the esd-flash-hack
caused some stability problems. Is this still true? I find that esd
works best for me. I get sound out of most applications that way. I
can't really see that, creating or recreating the /tmp/.esd/socket
file should cause problems for some programs...

But in a production system, with over 2000 users, I wouldn't want to
use "buggy" software... Therefore the question. Is this hack now
concidered safe?

Best Regards

Trond Maehlum