Re: [K12OSN] Tl_TeacherTool tribulations

This is really cool!  Thanks, Robert!

FYI, the Lock/Launch screensaver button didn't work with the one Mac client I tested it with. I haven't tried it with any PC clients yet.

Any chance Chuck's X11VNC stuff, as described at http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/WorkInProgress#x11vnc can be incorporated in a future release? The VNCReflector gives us the inverse, of pushing a window out for all users to see. But being able to see what's on a given client's screen would be really useful, too.

Petre

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
 > Eric is including fl_tt into k12ltsp so you don't have to compile it
yourself. Just a simple

#yum install fl_teachertool

should work for k12ltsp 4.4.1 and 4.2.1EL. If you are running an
earlier version then yes you will need to install the compiler and
install it manually until Eric adds it to those versions yum repos.
But I would recommend you wait a few days. I am just about to release
version 0.21 (probably) tommorrow. I'm pretty much finished it but I'm
just testing now. 0.21 has some nice fixes.  *No more xhost needed*
which closes a big security hole.
Plus some fixes to the new  distribute file function.
--
Robert Arkiletian