[K12OSN] IceWM default window manager setting lost

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 30 21:12:51 UTC 2005

My default window manager setting has been lost and I can't figure out
how to permanently reset it to IceWM. I googled and poked around on the
internet, to no avail. I tried switchdesk, and that program runs, but
nothing changes permanently. If I log in using the Default setting, I
get a Gnome desktop, if I select IceWM, and then log in at the k12ltsp
login screen, I get the desktop I used to get by default. I had it set
up so nautilus is not running when I login by default, and I have the
plain-jane blue windows background.

I also have one terminal that is supposed to boot and use an auto login
and run a script when it logs in -- that terminal is not booting
properly and running it's usual script -- it boots to some kind of
FailSafe desktop -- I hope nothing serious has happened. All the kids
are on break, and so I'm not sure if the problem is more widespread than
these two users (my user and the login for the autologin terminal).

Thanks for any help.

Rita Gibson