[K12OSN] IceWM default window manager setting lost

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sat Dec 31 14:58:54 UTC 2005

I'm not sure of the files involved--perhaps .gconfd, .gconf, .dmrc,
etc.--but you might check all the files in your home directory to verify
that you are the owner for all of them.  It sounds like some files could
have had their ownership switched to, say, root, such that you can't
write to them anymore, thus preventing you from setting a different
default window manager.  Since you're the sysadmin, this can easily and
sneakily happen.