[K12OSN] Managing identical logins...

Tom Lisjac netdxr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 06:05:24 UTC 2005

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions... they are very much appreciated!

I wish I had more flexibility to change the existing procedures... but
we sold the LTSP approach on the basis that we'd make the login
process work just like our standalone Linux and Windows boxes already
do.  The requirement is that all 16 terminals login as the same domain
user and that user will get access to it's share (and only it's share)
on the existing Windows network.

I'm intent on finding a solution, up to hacking gdmlogin or winbind if
all else fails. Getting this to work would be a big win and make Linux
a viable alternative to the other libraries in our district... and
maybe even a few classrooms! :)

If I come up with a workable solution, I'll post it here.

Thanks again and best regards,

-Tom