[K12OSN] Netraverse patch for Win4Lin - Fedora Core 3

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Feb 1 15:11:21 UTC 2005

Well, it looks like that's their answer: they provide only 2.4 kernels, and if
you want to use a system with a 2.6 kernel you have to patch it yourself.
Rebuilding a kernel isn't really that hard, and their instructions on adding
their patches look fairly straight forward--although note that they reference
lilo when installing the new kernel, and RH-based systems have been using grub
for some years now.  Make sure you try this on a test box, not a production box,
because you'll probably have some bumps along the way.

Petre