[K12OSN] Help! Sendmail doesn't SEND - only receives

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Feb 1 17:15:05 UTC 2005

Did you get Les's earlier suggestion to try 'service sendmail stop; service
sendmail start' and to check the /var/log/maillog file?  Assuming restarting
sendmail doesn't fix it, try using sendmail on the commandline to send a message:

/usr/sbin/sendmail -v aslanreturn at yahoo.com
Enter a short message here, followed by a dot (.) on a line all by itself,
like so:
.

After you enter the dot and hit Return, you should see sendmail try to send your
message to your address above, or, hopefully, indicate why it can't send mail.

Petre