[K12OSN] Managing identical logins...

Rob Owens robowens at myway.com
Tue Feb 1 17:24:12 UTC 2005

Tom,

What is the reason for needing identical logins.  I know you stated that you were permitted to install linux as long as you didn't change the login method.  But is it because of a certain already-in-place recordkeeping system?  Is it because the administration doesn't want the  linux computers to do things differently than the existing computers?  Or is it just that you need all users to save their files to the same big directory?

I guess what I'm getting at is, do you really need to have multiple identical logins, or does it just need to *appear* that you have multiple identical logins?

-Rob