[K12OSN] Re: sound

Ascension Tech ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 01:05:34 UTC 2005

Hey All,
Is there any information from logs that I might find to help diagnose
this problem.  Here it is:

On some terminals after logging in a second time the sound doesn't
work.  For instance, when the second user logs in, in Gcompris looking
at the configuration page the sound and music are "X"ed out even
though they should both be checked.  After checking them  and
restarting the program they are still "X"ed out. It's as if it checks
to see if a sound driver is running and it can see that it is not.
After a full reboot of the terminal it's fine. Any ideas?  I recognize
the similarity to "doctor, it hurts when I do this." Doctor: "then
don't do that."  And Eric I'm sorry to bother you with sound stuff.
Still, it would be nice not to have to reboot the terminals after any
user logs in and out.   I had posted somthing similar to this before
and got no response, could somone at least say $%!@ off so that I know
it's getting through?

Thanks,
Peter