[K12OSN] Managing identical logins...

Steven Santos Steven at Stevensantos.com
Thu Feb 3 14:13:24 UTC 2005

> The class login has modify access to the entire class share. A class
> does not have rights to modify the share of another class.

So why could you not do exactly the same thing?

Let me expand. Set up the terminals as Kiosks (auto login to the machines
account on the LTSP server), then script a second log-in to the SMB server
to give you access to the SMB share with the existing class info.  This
solves all of the machine issues, and at the same time *appears* to keep the
current system as far as all of the users are concerned.  You would want to
add a line to the logout script to log you out of the SMB share.