[K12OSN] OT: hard drive emergency -- update

Leonardo Gonçalves de Ulhôa Jr. leojr at fic.com.br
Thu Feb 3 15:12:41 UTC 2005

Em Qui, 2005-02-03 às 07:42 -0600, Walker, Clay escreveu:
> I have had USB devices hose up the boot process (to a point that they
> can not boot) on Win boxes.  All I can figure is that the system some
> how is thinking it is a USB Hard drive/storage device and attempting to
> boot from it.  I didn't spend too much time messing with the boot
> sequence in BIOS to know if this was true or not.  Once USB was
> unplugged, all was well.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Clay

I had a problem like these with an usb hdd. I was testing one unit and
it worked fine. When I tried to boot system with this drive plugged as a
second hd, it spent a long time to boot (because of Fedora hardware
detection) and then gnome taskbar began to crash. Later I read the
Fedora buglist and found out that this kind of crash was caused by a
corrupted gnome configuration file! (.recently-used in home directory).
Really weird!

Best regards

Leonardo Gonçalves de Ulhôa Jr.