[K12OSN] rdesktop and windows terminal services

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 18:31:17 UTC 2005

> Has anyone one the list used rdesktop, and can it be used effectively as
> a client to terminal services.  I don't want to test it and recommend it
> if it does not work as advertised.

I'm not one of the technical experts on the list, but I use rdesktop
every day from LTSP, connecting to a Window's server with
Quickbooks...  I'm sure I'm not alone.

The only issue I have encountered is that the Linux Terminal Server
client doesn't support sound, which I think Windows 2003 with RDP5
does.  But I don't need the sound, so it works great for me.

--
Steve Hargadon
916-899-1400 direct