[K12OSN] rdesktop and windows terminal services

Roger Morris roger.in.eugene at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 18:41:20 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:11:31 -0800, Chris Curtis
<ccurtis at spcomputers.com> wrote:
> Hello all on the list.  I have a situation where I could get Linux into
> the door if I could "prove" that rdesktop could be used as a fully
> featured client for Windows Server terminal services.   This company
> must have one windows app, and one IE6 app, but is open to using Linux
> and ltsp.
>
> Has anyone one the list used rdesktop, and can it be used effectively as
> a client to terminal services.  I don't want to test it and recommend it
> if it does not work as advertised.

I use it multiple times every day.
I have linux on my desktop, but use rdesktop to connect to Windows
2000/3 servers in Admin mode.  I sometimes connect to a Windows 2000
terminal server.
No problems at all. (I don't have sound, I don't use sound; so to me,
not a problem).