[K12OSN] Adding a link to a menu

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Feb 4 04:55:36 UTC 2005

> I just added Xampp to k12ltsp and it's working fine. The mysql
> control panel is at http://localhost/phpmyadmin/. How would I place
> that into a menu,  lets say under Application/Internet for instance.
> If I wanted to have PhpMyAdmin listed there, how would I do that?
> Thanks in advance!!!!

Quick tip.  Throw this back out with the window manager your using.  I think
Gnome your basically hosed with, but KDE has kmenuedit and I found the
following under Google for XFCE (You can edit all menus graphically. Just
open up xfce settings and it's under Desktop > Menu >Edit Desktop Menu.)

If you don't like the folder with shortcut thing I think it is fairly easy
in most WM's to add shortcuts (I suppose I should start calling them
launchers) to the quick launch type bar at the bottom (or top) of your
screen.