[K12OSN] Help....smbldap-installer and roaming profiles....I needhelp to fix

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Feb 7 15:35:57 UTC 2005

> Anyway...I could really use some help trying to debug this
> situation....not only for me, but for all of us.  Plus I'm
> supposed to be teaching a class about it in 2 weeks....(hence
> the panicking)....I tested everything except roaming profiles
> and never would have even thought to check if it hadn't been
> for Jim K.  I have a functioning Samba/LDAP server already
> thus I hadn't needed to try it, but I do need to fix this as
> I run Windows roaming profiles and will need it to work when
> I upgrade this
> summer.  Arrrgghhh!   Any help gratefully appreciated

Does anyone have a smb.conf from a system that is currently working with
roaming profiles, preferably the newest version but I'll take one from
2.x if that is all there is.  I have been reading through the following
link on roaming profiles with smb 3.x
http://samba.vernstok.nl/htmldocs/howto/ProfileMgmt.html#id2575046
The resulting smb.conf seems to be missing things that look like they
are needed.  One thing that really catches my attention is it says that
2000/XP machines need to have encrypted password turned on to work.
Also that security = user should be set.  Anyhow I would like to see one
that is working and compare to what is on our new setup.

Thanks

> ....If you go to
> Linux World I'll buy you a beer.  :-)

PS: I usually drink screwdrivers :-)  But am far from fixing this.