[K12OSN] project management for windows on linux

Rob Owens robowens at myway.com
Mon Feb 7 17:34:26 UTC 2005

This is kind of a 2-part question.  First, what's a good open source project management application for linux?  Need something similar to Microsoft Project.  I've read about Planner, but there are apparently many others out there.  Second, what's the simplest way to enable windows-users to access this application, which will probably be running on its own linux server?  If it was the other way around (linux users accessing a windows application), I know I'd use rdesktop.

This is for a small company and there's not much concern about network security inside the building.  This means that network activity doesn't need to be encrypted or anything, and login to the linux machine would preferably be automatic w/ no passwords (just click on a windows icon and the application launches).

I'm trying to save the company money, but they're not yet convinced that they can give up MS.  This would be the first of many baby steps.   The final step, of course, would be all-linux, and most likely ltsp. The company is currently considering buying MS Project.

-Rob