[K12OSN] Help....smbldap-installer androamingprofiles....Ineedhelp to fix

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Feb 7 19:34:19 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Monday, February 7, 2005 at 12:31 PM +0000 wrote:
>I have tried changing roaming profile paths in smb.conf and
>openldap.conf to no avail.  It wants \\COTTER-PDC\Profiles everytime no
>matter what I change these files too.  Then I find
>/etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema with the following entry:
>attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.1.35 NAME 'sambaProfilePath'
>        DESC 'Roaming profile path'
>        EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
>        SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15{255} SINGLE-VALUE )
>
>So is this where the profile path is really pulled from?  I would just
>like to change the path to \home\%u\profile or something temporarily to
>see if my error is directory related or not.

I might have something for you here.....in smbldap.conf.....scroll down to
the Samba section and add %u to the end of the home and profiles defs as
shown in the commented examples just above them.

# The UNC path to home drives location (%U username substitution)
# Ex: \\My-PDC-netbios-name\homes\%U
# Just set it to a null string if you want to use the smb.conf 'logon home'
# directive and/or disable roaming profiles
userSmbHome="\\NETBIOSNAME_KEY\homes"

# The UNC path to profiles locations (%U username substitution)
# Ex: \\My-PDC-netbios-name\profiles\%U
# Just set it to a null string if you want to use the smb.conf 'logon path'
# directive and/or disable roaming profiles
userProfile="\\NETBIOSNAME_KEY\profiles"

EXAMPLE:

userSmbHome="\\MYSERVER\homes\%U"
userProfile="\\MYSERVER\profiles\%U"

See if this makes any difference and let me know....I'll be trying that
too.  Are you able to save ANY profiles?  I can't even save to
/opt/samba/profiles....let alone any username stuff.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us