[K12OSN] synergy between the K12LTSP and Skolelinux

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Feb 7 21:00:53 UTC 2005

I agree...and Ragnar showed my SkoleLinux at
LTSP-by-the-SEA.....BUT....where SkoleLinux lacks is in documentation.
I'm not a Debian guy...so I need pretty much step-by-step on how to set up
the Samba-LDAP stuff and how to set up my network for it as you have to
work with their defaults.  I'd love to try it more....do you have any pull
with folks doing docs?  I'd love to help with the docs...once I know how
it works  :-)

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Monday, February 07, 2005 at 3:54 PM +0000 wrote:
>The developers have integrated webmin into the project, and as one adds
>users to this interface, the ldap server is updated.  Where the K12LTSP
>lacks, Skole excels.  Where Skole lacks, the K12LTSP excels.  From
>tirelessly watching both this and the debian-edu thread, I just wish I
>was a developer.  So often both projects are working in parallel.
>
>Between the two projects are perfect solutions both to Sharon's question
>  and for those of you wanting the roaming profile thing but needing a
>friendly, easy, and 'windows-like' gui.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School