[K12OSN] RE: smbldap-installer v. 1.2-gamma (Jim Kronebusch)

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Feb 7 23:53:35 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Monday, February 7, 2005 at 5:26 PM +0000 wrote:
>> Do either of you know if Webmin will still be able to be used for
>> adding/removing/modifying users along with its bulk add section?  If not
>> I'll just give it a whirl when I get rebuilt.

No, no, oh god no....unless you want to totally hose your LDAP setup  :-)
Use something like LAM...or my fave is Directory Administrator...it's a
GUI that you can use to work with accounts....although the CLI is WAY
faster!  Also...IDEALX.org does have a webmin module, but good luck
setting it up...if you do....PLEASE document so we can try.  IDEALX also
has a new console which may also be worth a look.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us