[K12OSN] network design

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Feb 8 14:26:40 UTC 2005

Note that the two most commonly used applications, OpenOffice.org and
Mozilla/Firefox, don't lend themselves to open-mosix clusters, the problem being
of the apps won't migrate from one node to another as needed.  There was some
discussion of this on the list about a year ago, so check the archives.  An
alternative way to spread the load over multiple servers would be to dedicate
each app to its own server, and have the LTSP server just provide the users'
desktops.

Petre