[K12OSN] The HOSEF Way

Rob Owens robowens at myway.com
Tue Feb 8 14:26:38 UTC 2005

Scott,

In my opinion, it is not unreasonable for you to be paid for your time.  After all, the teachers get paid, don't they?  The real charity is that you are teaching the school how to handle their own IT needs.

If you were charging for your services but keeping details of the inner workings of the IT structure to yourself, then you might be labelled as profiteering.  But charging for your services and teaching the school to do it without you is certainly charity in my book.

-Rob