[K12OSN] Making K12LTSP (VMware)

Larry McPherson lmcpherson at mail.sumner.k12.me.us
Tue Feb 8 17:12:33 UTC 2005

Rob,

	I have a test box with K12LTSP core 2 loaded and I also purchased a
single copy of VMware for linux and installed it on the server.  I've loaded
Windows 98 and then Type To Learn 3 and it works with the exception of audio
and my video display does not take up the whole screen.  It is a little
slower as well.  My terminal box is a P233 with 32M memory.  Kids Pix did
not work after I installed it onto the virtual machine.  I don't think I
would deploy my setup in the class room - still need to do a lot of testing.

	VMware confirms that it is compatible up to RH9 - so technically I
didn't load it on a supported OS.

Larry