[K12OSN] RE: RE: smbldap-installer v. 1.2-gamma - gnome login "problem"

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Wed Feb 9 02:14:53 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Tuesday, February 8, 2005 at 8:40 PM +0000 wrote:
>I am useing the k12ltsp version of Fedora Core3, I am not able to ssh
>into my
>box remotely, is this the problem you are having?

You'll notice that the createusers script uses /bin/false by default, but
gives you the option to change that....  It makes sense that you can't ssh
in to your box if it's set to /bin/false....you can't use the terminal if
you have no environment to use...such as bash.  I created users both ways
for testing...some with /bin/false and some with /bin/bash   The /bin/bash
folks can ssh just fine...the others cannot.  smbldap-useradd -m -a
username  creates users with /bin/bash as the shell by default....maybe we
should change the script to default on /bin/bash?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us