[K12OSN] Strange printer-problem

Trond Mæhlum trond at mahlum.biz
Wed Feb 9 12:52:33 UTC 2005

I have 9 LTSP servers now. I am slowly migrating them to K12LTSP 4.2 one
school at a time. The rest are K12LTSP 4.0.1. My problem is printing
from Openoffice Calc. It does not print. At all.  Printing from Firefox,
writer etc, works like a charm. But when I try to print from calc -
nothing happens.

Our printers are HP Laserjet 4000 and HP Lasjerjet 4050. The problem
seems to apply to both. It also seems like the problem exists on both
4.0.1 and 4.2. Therefore I have been unable to isolate the problem.

I simply do not understand this. What is the difference in printing from
calc and writer? Do they not use the same print motor?

Regards

Trond Mæhlum