[K12OSN] OO locks up clients

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Wed Feb 9 14:35:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 07:13 -0500, John Baillie wrote:
> From: Eric Harrison
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Huck wrote:
>
> > when using Writer and right-clicking on typo'd text with the squiggly
> red line
> > under it...
> > the clients lock up...
> > I've looked through logs to try and find a cause but have yet to
> locate
> > anything...
> > can others attempt to recreate this?
> >
> > I didn't believe it until students said, "hey watch, I can lock this
> thing up
> > whenever I want"
> > sure nuff..locked up...
>
> It is a bit slow for me the first time I do it (loading the dictionary,
> I assume), but after that it is fast.
>
> I don't see anything on this in bugzilla. What version are you using?

Just ran a test sitting on a stand alone machine running FC3 OO1.1.2 The
time taken is for loading the dictionary. Even on AMD-64bit stand alone
this was significant.....especially if the word began with end
alphabets. Aluminium (Aluminum) took much less time than Veneering
(Vineering). I am using UK dictionary.

So seems like a OO issue.
--
Sudev Barar