[K12OSN] Get rid of my PCs

Ryan Collins collinsr at kentoncityschools.org
Wed Feb 9 15:33:43 UTC 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Petre Scheie wrote:
> You can also run the Mac OS on top of Linux, both OS X and Mac OS
> 7.5.2-9.2.2.  So for those cases where you need Mac apps, you should be
> able to run the Mac OS on top of Linux on the server and remotely
> display the whole thing at the thin client.  See www.maconlinux.org for
> more on that.  The other thing to look into is the Mac server (I forget
> what it's called at the moment).

I was going to say that you couldn't, but I forgot all about MacOnLinux! I
would like to supply AppleWorks to our LTSP, and I just might be able to
do it with MacOnLinux. Downside is that you have to setup an application
server on Mac hardware, but that shouldn't be too hard. I have no idea
what the licensing would be though! Apple's EULA states that the OS has to
run on Apple equipment, but I don't think it addresses where the program
is displayed... :-)

--
Ryan Collins - Technology Coordinator
Kenton City Schools