[K12OSN] OSX Auth LDAP

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Feb 9 21:12:41 UTC 2005

Is there anyone successfully authenticating OSX against SMB/LDAP yet?  I
tried some stuff I found in Google and some of the suggestions from last
week and don't exactly get errors, I just can't log into the machine
with any of the LDAP users.

So I suppose the best thing to do is first explain what I want to
accomplish.  First I want users to get to a login screen on the OSX
machines.  Then they type in their username and password (which should
be pulled from the LDAP server) just like they would log into a WinX
machine or a terminal.  I don't want to choose from a list of local
users on the OSX boxes.

Eventually when this works I want to have it run a startup script or
something similar to how a WinX box does and mount their home folders on
login.  Then I'll bundle this working setup into an image to toss out
from a Netboot server.  That way my OSX lab machines will boot a new
image everytime, and all users will be pulled from the LDAP server, and
all user data stored on their home folder.

I have an OSX sandbox machine all ready for any suggestions.

Thanks

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188