[K12OSN] hostname:resolver

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Feb 9 21:16:41 UTC 2005

> On my sandbox I have k12tslp version installed, I am not able
> to resolve my hostname,from windows XP client, I can connect
> to the server via ssh using putty buy not by hostname, what
> method of hostname resolution is this version setup by
> default, o by the way using Samab + LDAP, thanks to the script.

My first thought is to add dns info to your internal DNS server or to
your hosts file on the Win box.   Has this been done yet?  You shouldn't
be able to access by hostname from any internal machine without DNS
setup or a local hosts file.

On Windows2000 the host file is under C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc and
I think this is the same on XP Pro.  Otherwise just do a search for
hosts, you should only have one file.