[K12OSN] RE: OSX application server

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Feb 9 22:03:10 UTC 2005

> Only one showstopper I can see. The applications that you export to
> the thin clients have to be native X windows apps. The OSX native
> Aqua applications can't be exported to a thin client except via VNC
> or some other remote viewing protocol. That might work, but I don't
> know how you would run multiple Aqua desktops on a single OSX server.

That is why I was thinking MacOnLinux.  If MOL runs the applications it must
do some conversion so that X can view the apps.  So if MOL ran the app,
displayed it on X, and then the X session is mirrored to the clients, wouldn't
that work?

I have no idea.  Just a thought.  Jim M already pointed out that native OSX
apps wouldn't be ported to work with X so I saw this as a workaround.