[K12OSN] No files in my /boot folder ?

Barry R Cisna brcisna at frontiernet.net
Sun Feb 13 19:08:19 UTC 2005

Hi all,

    My first post to this board ,,although ive been "lurking" for several months now.

    We have (4), K12ltsp servers runing now,, for about 1 year.,,
    Problem: I did a fresh install of K12LTSP 4.2( FC3)..on an intel,700mhz - dual processor,server

    After running for a few weeks I notice that there are >NO<[0], files in the boot folder,,,
    ( yes ive alrady checked to see if the files, may be hidden for some ,,strange reason,,)..
    Also in Webmin ,,of,,course the GRUB module does not "see" any files to reconfigure.

    Has anyone ever run into this scenario ,before?
    My other boxes are 4.1.1(2)...and one other new 4.2(FC3) ,,which IS showing the appropriate files in the boot folder..

    How in the world is this box,,,even booting up?/

    Thanks,,

    Barry Cisna