[K12OSN] No files in my /boot folder ?

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Sun Feb 13 19:40:35 UTC 2005

Barry,

The /boot directory is usually a mount point for a separate disk
partition.  Sounds like yours isn't mounted.

You can type 'mount' to see what filesystems are mounted.

If you don't see /boot mounted, then take a look at /etc/fstab, and
see if you have an entry for /boot.

If so, try mounting it with something like:

   mount /boot

and see what it does.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org