[K12OSN] Load Average-

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 20:06:07 UTC 2005

My k12ltsp server was showing a load average 22 with 10 users.  There was
practically zero disk activity and I only had 10 users out of a possible 40.
  I have never had need to worry about load, as we have slowly added clients
to our server and monitored the speed as systems were added- all without
troubles.  Even with 40 users with Icewm -no nautalis, speed has not been an
issue.

Until now...  Things have been really slow the last few days.  Slow logon,
slow OpenOffice startup, etc.  This is when I took notice of the Load
Average of 22...  My system has 2gigs ram and is a twin mp 2.2.

What sort of load average should I expect?