[K12OSN] Press Coverage!

Robert Arkiletian robark at telus.net
Wed Feb 16 05:25:49 UTC 2005

I gave an interviewed to CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) Radio
One news today about my k12ltsp Linux lab. The reporter came by the
school and was surprised by all the Free Open Source Software available
on the system. She saw the lab full of students and thought it was
great. I even gave her a Gnoppix (Ubuntu) live cd to take home. She was
also really impressed by the speed of the system.

She said the interview will be aired on Thursday morning. Either (5:30
and 7:30 am) OR (6:30 and 8:30 am) pacific time. However, if you don't
live on the west coast of Canada. You can listen to it live on the net here

http://www.cbc.ca/listen/index.html

#23 is Vancouver. It's in Windows Media format but they do offer a link
to an Mplayer plugin for Unix users.

*Notice the little link to Ogg Vorbis streaming. They are testing Ogg
Vorbis format but only for the east coast.

--

Robert Arkiletian