[K12OSN] Web based flash/java educational stuff

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Wed Feb 16 14:48:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 22:05, Shawn Powers wrote:
> I feel like a heel asking a question, when I literally have 1600 unread
> messages in my k12osn folder, BUT I hope someone can help.

And, I _really_ feel like a heel having the temerity to proffer an
answer considering I'm now where near the frontline of a K12LTSP network
- let alone teaching ;^)

-snip-

> I really am trying to push web-based bells and whistles, showing the
> power of the internet and the thin clients, rather than to dwell on
> "what software we can't use anymore"

What I can offer you, gleaned from other posters on this list, is that
you may have major stumbling blocks with some (otherwise) desirable
web-based learning sites because they insist on having made them
compliant with IExplorer only.  Some posters have asked recently about
running IE on Linux just to get over this problem - and then there is
always the hoary old issue of Flash/Shockwave/Sound, which is common on
lot of these types of sites.  Sooo, rather than just be completely
negative, I'll leave it to those with _actual_ experience to advise
whether what you want is feasible :^)
--
	Regards,

	Gavin Chester