[K12OSN] dhcpd and tftp

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Feb 18 00:11:50 UTC 2005

I remember running into this issue two years ago, back when I first
tried out K12LTSP.  This was back in the Version 2.1.2 days.  It seemed
to be some weird interaction between the NIC in my thin client and
dhcpd.  I say that because I tried two different DHCP servers, and the
client got its address with no problem.  One of those DHCP servers that
I tried is still in use today, a Cisco router.  However, that same thin
client, with the same NIC, has no trouble to this day with K12LTSP
3.1.2's dhcpd.  Yes, weird, but that's what I saw.

Is it possible for you to either swap the NIC or try that client out
with a different DHCP server?

--TP