[K12OSN] how to VNC into 4.2.0 server?

Ron Freidel rfreidel at computergeex.com
Fri Feb 18 18:31:59 UTC 2005

When I need to see a desktop on a remote server I do it via ssh

ssh -C -l ronf hostname.k12.mt.us -L 5900:127.0.0.1:5900

that forwards the correct ports for a vnc connection. Then on my laptop I do a

vncviewer localhost
and the remote desktop loads via the ssh connection.

No need to open any additional ports other than 22 for the ssh connection.