[K12OSN] I am the Teachertool Author...

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Tue Feb 22 21:55:42 UTC 2005

Robert Melton <rmelton at gmail.com> on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 at 12:13
AM +0000 wrote:
>Hi--
>
>        I recently got word that some people are actually using
>TeacherTool -- for those of you who are, let me say "I am sorry" -- it
>was a quick hack of an app built for a friend.  If there is some
>interest in it -- I will pick it back up and improve it -- I got some
>ideas for it -- just didn't know if there was any interest.
>
>        I am wondering what the current state of it is -- how much
>work has been done on it -- any interesting fixes and hacks, please
>mail them to me -- I will tie together a central repo for it.  Let me
>know.
>
>--Robert Melton

Hey!  Welcome back!  I actually picked it up a while back and managed
(with lots of help) to get it running on later versions of K12LTSP.  In
fact it was Donald Ellerich(?) of Yorktown HS that helped me attack the
VNCreflector issue back then.  Right now we're having a helluva' time
getting VNCReflector running on FC3.  Nonetheless, I'd be happy to work on
testing it with you...I use it all the time and had Eric include it in
K12LTSP a while back.  Anything we can make better would be great  :-)
Let me know what you'd like to have and where you want me to send it.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us