[K12OSN] Putting a scanner on a terminal

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Feb 23 03:23:27 UTC 2005

> I have an HP Scanjet6200c/6250 USB scanner that I would like for my
> students to be able to scan as needed.  With the arrangement of my
> classroon I can set it next to and connect it to a terminal.  I am
> currently using K12LTSP 4.01 FC-2, I think I wrote that correctly.
>  So here are some questions:
>
> 1. which files do I need to edit?
> 2. What changes do I need to make in those files?
> 3. Is there a wiki that has all of the info I need?
> 4. What else might I need to know or do to accomplish this project?

I set up a Epson Perfection 1260 on my home server a few months ago.  I got
some info from the list here and some from google searches.  I don't
remember off hand how this was accomplished and haven't tested it much
except for the first night, basically just set it up to see if it was
possible.  I did however run across posts stating to be careful as the wrong
settings have been known to damage certain scanners.  I will see if I can
get time tomorrow night and have a look at some old notes and see what made
this work unless someone is able to help you out in the meantime.  I know
there was some lts.conf module settings and I used XSane as the scanning
program.  But not sure what else, but rest assured it is possible.