[K12OSN] text only internet

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Feb 23 08:07:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 05:01:35PM -0800, Rob Owens wrote:
> I think konqueror is in a kde-base-something package,
> isn't it?
>
> If you can't get rid of it, is it possible to
> configure konqueror to only act as a file browser?

I'm guessing yes, with the KDE Kiosk framework.  (Just disallow any HTTP
access, for example.)

Of course, you'll have to worry about kids browsing with a text browser,
finding images, saving them to the HDD, and then loading them in Konqueror
(or another image-capable file browser) or in image viewers/editors. :^/

-bill!