[K12OSN] What antivirus software is being used on K12

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Wed Feb 23 21:28:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 09:44 +1300, Raimond Donk wrote:
> Thank you very much for this information.  Worked well first time and is
> now installed.

Glad it was helpful. I hadn't been seeing anybody here talk too much
about Fedora Extras, which surprises me. It will be important to Fedora
in the next few releases as the Fedora Project tries to whittle Core
down to less than a metric ton of CDs.

Extras is "out there" and working for FC3 right now and includes some
great stuff, including: (random selection)

bittorrent
bluefish
bochs
celestia
clamav
dosbox
gnofract4d
inkscape
assorted perl modules
plone
pyzor
qcad
scribus
sodipodi
tidy
zope

Best part is, someone else has packaged this for you. Just add the
repository and go. Check it out:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/readme.extras

--
Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us>