[K12OSN] Have static IP - now how to setup intranet access?

Debbie Schiel debbie at redeemer.qld.edu.au
Thu Feb 24 07:00:55 UTC 2005

Hi Everyone,

Our school has purchased a static IP address from our broadband provider -
because I was informed that this is what is required if you want to host your
own website, and also if you want to be able to access your intranet from the
web, outside the school grounds.

Our intranet is up and running locally off the K12ltsp server on
http://10.0.0.1/ and our website is up and running but hosted in another state
down south (Australia).

Could someone please direct me (bearing in mind I'm an 8 month old newbie to
Linux) to a site or archived post with instructions on how to attach our static
IP address to our k12 server. As you can see I don't even know the correct
terminology for what I want to do.

What I do know is how to assign a new IP address to our existing domain name.
But when I type in this new IP into my browser, how do I get it to go to our
local k12/apache server (http://10.0.0.1/) in Biloela? (The main reason for
wanting this, besides being able to host our own website, is that teachers want
to be able to access our intranet from home)

Thanks,

Debbie

--
http://www.redeemer.qld.edu.au