[K12OSN] [OT] Hosting your school's website off DSL

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Thu Feb 24 13:48:25 UTC 2005

Is anyone hosting their main website off of their DSL connections?

I've got 2 782kbs DSL lines currently (which is pretty darn close
numerically to a T1's bandwith), and I am considering moving my main
website internally (it is hosted offsite).  I will have a proxy/caching
system in place to cut down on much of the bandwith usage from the
inside to the outside.  Any recommendations, success stories, or
failures?  Thanks!

Henry Burroughs
Technology Director
Hilton Head Preparatory School