[ok-mail] [K12OSN] Accessing Windows shares from K12LTSP

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Thu Feb 24 17:54:21 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 11:36, Jon White wrote:
> What I need to try and do is setup a way to allow the user to connect to
> their Win2K home folder when they're logged into the K12LTSP server,
> while preserving their login credentials so that they can only see their
> own files.

I use pam_mount available at http://www.flyn.org/projects/pam_mount/ to mount
our users windows home folder during logon. The pam_mount module will create
a local mount folder so because our users have a home/username folder for
their unix home already I mount their windows home as a
sub-folder /home/username/H_drive. This makes it easy to find, keeps it away
from others. The "H_drive" name comes from the fact that on the windows
machines in the building the users home drive is "H:\".
--

Thanks,

John

 system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                - Mattrol at uscom.com (Drakmere)