[K12OSN] Custom XF86Config

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Feb 24 21:49:10 UTC 2005

> You still need to tell LTSP which X module to use, so that it
> can figure out whether to run Xorg or an older XFree86 3.3.6
> Xserver.  It needs to make that decision BEFORE it uses your
> custom XF86Config file.  Go ahead and tell it any module you
> want.  Then, it will run Xorg using your custom file, which
> will cause it to actually use the X module specified in the
> XF86Config file.

Thanks, I did that.  Set XSERVER = ati, now it starts to load x, says it
is using /tmp/XF86Config.1, then fails.

Any idea where to go from here?  How do I check to be sure it is pulling
the custom config?

Maybe I should just ship one of these to someone who knows what they are
doing :-)  The only reason I care is 2 of the schools I am hoping to
convert over the summer have all Indigo vintage iMacs.