[K12OSN] evolution outbox broken

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 25 06:09:47 UTC 2005

Apologies for sending in html, if it is, but I have to send direct from
Hotmail
because my outbox is broken.

After installing k12ltsp 4.2.0 I seem to have IP/mailbox conflicts that this
newbie
doesn't know where to start looking to solve.  When I try to send an email
(even
to myself) evolution is trying to use a POP server on my local machine
despite
correct settings I have given to all mail accounts to use my dialup ISP's
mail server.
The mail delivery times-out with the error:

RCPT to <k12osn at redhat.com> failed.  Requested action not taken.
Mailbox unavailable.  Could not connect to POP server 192.168.0.1 (port
pop3)
Conection timed out.

I have checked the mail settings and there is no reason I can see for it to
be trying
to use that local IP of my machine.  I have even shut down any mail services
or
daemons and rebooted, etc, etc., but can't solve it.  I googled on the error
message
- even though it seems self evident what is happening - but to no avail to
find out
WHY :-(.

Regards, Gavin