[K12OSN] mounting home directories

Joe Guenther jguenther at chinooksedge.ab.ca
Fri Feb 25 16:54:46 UTC 2005

Burt,

I had to make sure that in the Novell eDirectory the Home directory was
properly defined and that the user had full rights to that folder.  Once I
had that, the proper folder was properly mounted.

This is what my pam config looks like

-A is to use TCP/IP
-a is to automagically create new users and mount their home dir.

I added all the user contexts so that they do not have to use the context
in their login.

.... this is what works here.

Joe Guenther
= = = = system-auth = = = =
#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_ncp_auth.so nullok
use_first_pass
ndsserver=dbhsns1:ou=dbhs.ou=CerdS.o=CE,ou=2005.ou=dbhs.ou=CerdS.o=CE,ou=2006.ou=dbhs.ou=CerdS.o=CE,ou=2007.ou=dbhs.ou=CerdS.o=CE,ou=2008.ou=dbhs.ou=CerdS.o=CE
-a -d -L -u2000,4000,pn,gcds -g2000,4000,pn -A
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
account     sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_succeed_if.so uid < 100
quiet
account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_permit.so

password    requisite     /lib/security/$ISA/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so nullok
use_authtok md5 shadow
password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
session     optional      /lib/security/pam_ncp_auth.so