[K12OSN] wild speculation on K12LTSP's future

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Feb 26 00:44:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 18:13, Eric Harrison wrote:

> Yesterday, Jim and Matt flew out to Portland and the three of us spent
> all day hacking on code, talking about how LTSP works, the
> needs/concerns of distribution developers, etc, etc.

I always like to see someone take a simple idea and beat it
into the ground.  Has anyone considered cascading the netboot
process for the servers too?  That is, set up a machine on the
'outside' network to pxe boot the k12ltsp servers  (could be the
same as the home/authentication server) so the servers could be
diskless or just have local swap and have no extra setup required
for any number of them.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com