[K12OSN] apt wants to remove k12ltsp - Resolved (kind of)

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Sat Feb 26 03:07:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 10:41 -0700, Jim Christiansen wrote:
> This is what I ran into a couple weeks ago.  I used Dags sources with livna
> dries and a couple of others.  I was aware that several of these don't
> necessarily like each other.  When I got conflicts, I'ld cut the "newer
> rarely used" named conflicting source and do another apt-get update, then
> run synaptic and continue...

Snap! Jim that's exactly the repository I added.  WARNING to all others:
Don't add Dags sources to your repo list!!  I've removed the repos in
question and re-run apt-get update a couple of times, but I still get
the same problem with Apt wanting to take out lots of good packages.
Anyone got pointers to the Apt config file to edit/delete/recreate to
stop it misbehaving?

Specifically, I can download and install individual packages okay, but
not do a dist-upgrade with Apt.

BTW:  What repo should I add to get mplayer and its utilities/codecs?
The existing repos that come with k12ltsp don't seem to know about it.
I don't want to add anymore errant repos after my recent experience.

Regards, Gavin.