[RANT] Re: [K12OSN] Installing using disk image WinXP pro

Paul Satherley pauls at tclcommunications.co.nz
Sat Feb 26 23:23:34 UTC 2005

Sudev Barar wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 06:04 +1300, Krsnendu dasa wrote:
>

>>A little background:
>>
>>As mentioned in a recent email I need to install WinXP pro on 5 computers at
>>our school. Each machine has identical hardware.
>>
>>*********************
>>Specific task at hand:
>>
>>I would like to install WindowsXP incl. updates, antivirus and other
>>essential programs on one computer, then copy the image of the hard drive to
>>the other machine.

You right and wrong... the NZ govmt is forcing everone to MS by _giving_
them MS stuff and picking up the Tab..now
checking hows its implemneted and holding schools to account for this...
So there is no level playing field where each alternative to computer
education has no cost...
which is wrong...  Now everyone is asking for Exchange, MSSQL to support
this desktop crap?
everyone is being insideous trapped here in NZ with the Govmt blessing.

Krsnendu looked and found the best solution but I can see he is being
rounded up by user, teacher
govmnt expectations...