[K12OSN] Howto setup server with 3 Nics?

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Tue Feb 1 00:47:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 08:34 -1000, Wilson Chan wrote:
> Im trying to setup a 12 client LTSP server to use (2) nic's to handle traffic to the clients. I dont want to do bonding since my cheapo switches cant handle it. I plan on using one nic for 6 clients on one 8port switch and the other 6 clients on another 8port switch. This will surely yeild me more throughput to the server then with one 100mbit nic. Any instructions on howto do this? Thanks!

Wilson,
Seems to be overkill.
Are you sure that bottleneck is the network? With 12 clients normally a
single NIC should be sufficient.
In my setup I run 20+ clients at all times using single NIC for LTSP.
With the users working my monitoring of network traffic with iptraf or
such does not show network congestion anywhere on the LTSP NIC.
Maybe if you are running heavy video/audio applications...

Just my $0.02 worth.
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux